Monday, September 19, 2011

Vintage Modern Shirt with Jeans

My gal-pals ask me, "Do you ever wear jeans?"  The answer: Not much. Maybe once a week (on the weekends) or even every other week. I really like dresses and skirts and have only 1 pair of jeans that fit (and one really old, big pair for yard work.) These Express jeans are dark wash, very comfortable, and flattering. This blouse is very modern and sharp with crisp stripes, a small white collar and french cuffs.

But I needed to make it more "fun" so I appliqued a hand-cut, black-felt treble clef to the front shoulder. Makes me think of The Andrews Sisters (who I LOVE) every time I wear it.

Blouse, thrifted.

Paired here with dark red REMIX wedges. Hair tied up in a messy bun.

Modeling in my kitchen at 7am with a skunk puppet.

No comments:

Post a Comment