Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Vegan Cookbook

Our friend Matt Ruscigno is a dietician, and foodie, who is also vegan and an endurance athlete and trainer - check him out at TRUE LOVE Health. He worked on this awesome cookbook called Appetite for Reduction -- get it for a veggie-lover YOU love!

I made a few AMAZINGLY tasty dishes last weekend. Super YUMMY! Cook this tonight!

1. Chickpea Picatta and Caulipots:
Picatta : http://www.theppk.com/2010/09/chickpea-picatta/
Caulipots are Cauliflower Mashed potatoes - creamy even without butter or milk. Especially tasty with Picatta gravy on top! The lemon/wine/caper richness of the picatta is just insanely delicious. Enjoy!



2. Chili Verde con Papas -- basically a tomatillo stew/vegetarian chili without tomatoes -- really different. I loved it. I love the flavor of tomatillos but had never cooked them before. They seemed intimidating to me somehow, I'm not sure why.


 Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment