Monday, December 5, 2011

Made by me: gray leopard print skirt

I saw a cute skirt my friend Eva had with an elastic waist band and then I saw one like this...
...and I thought... I can make myself a little somethin' like that.

I got a good deal on some sale fabric at Joann's in this gray leopard print ruffled stretch knit. The print is wild and forgiving, the ruffles give it a nice texture and the good amount of stretchiness means I don't have to worry about an exact fit-to-size measurement. I just cut a big rectangle (about 42" by 26"), sewed 2 inch black elastic to the top edge, then sewed the edges together down the back center seam. Viola!


 
(I didn't even need to hem the bottom edge because the fabric doesn't fray and the bottom ruffle covers the cut edge. -- I am considering cutting it 2-3 inches shorter...I think just below the knee would be a good length...any thoughts on that?)

1 comment:

  1. Great skirt but personally i'm a short skirt kind of girl. Give us more leg!

    ReplyDelete