Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What is "edgy"?

I tasked myself (as I always do) with challenging myself... in all ways. Including dressing and styling. Yesterday I posted that I would push style conventions a bit more. And I said "edgy"...but all night I thought about that...what is that?
I suppose like "style," it is subjective and can be interpreted in different ways. At first thought "edgy" is cutting edge, it's cutting, it's punk, it's aggressive, it's in your face like a blade, but it can also just be subversive and comically thumbing your nose at convention. I like both ideas. But edgy does not have to mean black leather and studs. Isn't this what Fashion forward means? Ignoring and bucking trends to do something different?

My advice:  As soon as you say to yourself, "what goes with this dress/top/skirt/shoes/whatever?" And you pick some matching item. Throw that thing in the back of the closet and go the other direction!


Sweater from H&M; Pants from Target; Shoes from ModCloth; Jewelry thrifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment