Monday, August 27, 2012

Korean Tofu Salad with Citrus Dressing

When I was in Korea, I had this amazing salad at the Hancook Restaurant at Seoul Tower. So I tried to recreate it. Thinly sliced firm tofu, fried in a bit of oil, then cut in triangles. Very thinly sliced green peppers (and red and yellow and orange if you like) and red onion sauteed for just a few minutes to soften them just a bit. The dressing was veggie oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar and lemon juice. Toss it all together and let it sit in the fridge to marinate as long as you want. I served it over a green salad.
Mine wasn't as good as the one I had in Korea. Their dressing was a bit sweet. Maybe I'll add agave or brown sugar next time I try to make it. I've also read about some soy+sesame+orange juice dressings -- that sounds good too. Happy cooking.... <3






No comments:

Post a Comment