Thursday, January 17, 2013

Made by me: Vintage 50's "teen" dress

Sorry, my friends. I basically checked out during the holiday season (which I GREATLY enjoyed). I'll likely just post every few weeks when I have something great to share. I was going really strong for a while, posting several items per week. But I cannot sustain that with all my other projects :)

Enjoy this dress: Adorable 50's "teen" dress pattern sewn with vintage fabric, purchased for $1 at an estate sale. Amazing. So fun to make and wear. I'm pleased with how it came out. The pattern was missing the front and back bodice pieces, but I had another dress pattern that I could use for the bodice pieces. Then I had to dart-dart-dart until I got the fit right at the waist (but not TOO tight) before attaching the bodice to the skirt. And the Gathering!!! Oh, so much fabric! But it was a fun project.
Now I just need to find a perfect little belt to cinch in that waist. :)

Cute dress! Love the eggplant purple. But, um, those shoes do not go with that...

 


No comments:

Post a Comment