Friday, March 15, 2013

Simple Chicken Pot Pie & Irish Soda Bread

I just got back from a week in Ireland for work. Oh, poor me! Work is so so busy and I had to go travel all over Ireland for a week. Boo Hoo WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! (heehee:) Now that I got that silliness out of the way...  As soon as I got home, I had to make some Irish soda bread and some yummy meat pies. CARBS! (Irish know carbs, man -- bread, beer, potatoes, oh my.)

Make this today:
SUPER Simple Pot Pie
Mix in a saucepan on medium heat: one can cream of mushroom soup, one can water, one can cooked chicken breast (or you can cook your own 2-3 chicken breast and chop them up), one bag mixed veggies, and slowly stir in 2 tablespoons of flour. Stir regularly. Once it's warm and well-mixed. Pour it into a frozen pie crust; cover the top with another crust. Cut a slit vent. Bake at 425 for 30-40 min. (Leave out the chicken, add more veggies, change up the meat or veggies...it's very flexible. Next time I make it I'll add more vegetables and definitely a few potatoes.)
It was so delicious. My hubby and I tore this up in like 10 minutes. :)

BONUS! Weekend Project:
I also made this Irish Soda Bread; it was really easy and really tasty. Eat it plain, or with butter, jam, or some nice sharp Irish cheddar (which is what I did). Enjoy!


Have a great weekend. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment