Friday, July 15, 2011

Fresh cookin'

Because I don't just style my outfits, I style my life, I want this web-log to be about all kinds of creations. Last night I made a simple dinner. Nothing fancy - green vegetables, lightly steamed, with bow ties and alfredo sauce. What made it so special was the home grown zucchini. The pleasure and satisfaction that came from eating my own cultivated food was lovely. You don't need a lot of space to grow some food. Do it if you can. And enjoy the fruits (and vegetables) of your labor!




(I used a ready-made sauce, but I have made my own alfredo and it is far superior to any store-bought. Try this recipe for a simple, rich, delicious sauce. )
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • Melt the butter slowly in a saucepan (low-med. heat), then stir in cream, let it warm. Then stir in cheese. Cook for a few minutes stirring occasionally till cheese melts and it starts to bubble. Turn down heat, let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment