Thursday, August 11, 2011

Delicious Dishes

Two fantastic dishes were cooked up this week (at my house, by me :)
1. Pasta Ponza (recipe from Giada De Laurentiis' book Giada at Home)
Instead of capers, I added chopped zucchini, and instead of Romano I used Mozzarella. It's not quite the same dish, but I wanted to use what I had in the fridge. And it was still delicious!

2. Cottage Pie (aka Shephard's Pie)
Boil 5-6 chopped potatoes for your mashed potato topping.
In a large skillet, melt 4 tbsp. butter; brown a diced onion for 5 minutes or so, add chopped carrots (3-4), then add 1-2 lbs of ground turkey or soy crumble if you want to go veg. Brown the meat. Add 1/2 - 1 cup of chicken stock or veg. stock, and 1 bag of frozen corn and 1 bag of frozen peas. Cover and simmer on low for 10-15 min. Dump the meat and veggies in a large casserole dish, cover with mashed potatoes (I mashed mine with 1/2 cup chicken stock and 1-2 tbsp of butter). Sprinkle the top with shredded cheddar if you like. I like.


Happy dining!

No comments:

Post a Comment