Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Homemade Delights: Part 2

The Lemon Cake.
I tried this Martha Stewart Recipe:
http://www.marthastewart.com/632498/lemon-cake
Martha's is very pretty.


But as usual (I also skip/omit/change something), I skipped something -- the whipped frosting. I did make the syrup and glazed the cake and topped it with some leftover lemon slices soaked in the syrup. It was so dense and delicious. Lots of butter (YUM) and citrus-y (lots of Zest! and extra juice too.) The extra lemon juice kept the cake very moist. Sadly, I had to retire my spring-form cake pan as the bottom doesn't fit tight and there was a lot of dripping onto the bottom of the oven which led to a VERY smokey house. :(  But the cake turned out fine. YEAH!!!


Baking is fun and the rewards are fantastic!
Get on Board!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment