Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Clean-out-the-fridge fritatta

I love this frittata - from Taste of Summer -- but I decided to, of course, alter the recipe to use what was in the fridge. I love trying new recipes, but I am not afraid to leave something out or replace an ingredient. No food goes to waste at my house, so we use what is in the cupboards before we go buy a bunch of new stuff. Especially fruits and veggies.

Preheat the over to 400, and use a cast iron pan so you can move from stove to oven in the same pan. I started by frying up 5 chicken sausages, then set them aside to cool/drain on a paper towel. In the oily pan, I cooked broccoli while 8 small golden potatoes were steaming in the microwave. Once the potatoes were soft I chopped them and tossed them in with the broccoli, sliced the sausages and laid them on top. In a large bowl I beat a dozen eggs with a 1/2 cup of milk and a healthy dash of garlic salt. Pour the eggs over the meat and veggies, sprinkle the top with cheese; cook in the pan till the eggs are a bit solid on the bottom, then move the whole pan into the oven for 15-20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment