Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tie skirt

I've always loved men's suits, ties, and nicely tailored shirts and jackets. (I especially always loved those crisp pastel oxford shirts so popular in the 80's....Oh, and everything at Brooks Brothers too!)
I started collecting vintage men's ties a long time ago and occasionally wore them with a nice button-up. About a decade ago, my dear old friend Niki said one day she saw a girl in San Fran wearing a skirt made of ties, and that was it! I was like, HELL YEAH! That is fabulous and I will be making one today. And I did. And I made many more... 
It's such a show-stopping conversation piece. And that is what I love about fashion and crafting and sewing and even thrifting. Having and wearing unique pieces that stimulate the eyes, mind, and even conversation.
Have fun and get creative!



No comments:

Post a Comment