Monday, October 24, 2011

Curtain Skirt

  I had this left-over fabric from some Ikea textiles I bought for curtains several years ago. I just love the colors and print so I had to make something with the remnant. I whipped up a dress, but I had made the yoke too small and the body of the dress had no drape since the fabric is so thick so I ditched that. And then I attempted this skirt.
  I made it without a pattern and made a few errors. But these were excellent learning errors, like putting in darts in the rear before attaching the waistband, and how best to shape the waistband before cutting it, and cutting it on the bias. Excellent exercise for sharpening those sewing skills.
  I am very pleased with the end result. Cute skirt. Eye-catching and bright, like me!  One-of-a-kind! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love everything on here! I would wear most of it to work. I especially love this skirt, its a great length on you, too!

    ReplyDelete