Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sophie Dahl's Chicken Stew

This stew recipe ...

...was in Glamour last winter and I ripped it out long ago and finally made it. OF COURSE, I did not follow the recipe exactly... adding extra this and that... But it came out great. Really, it's the wine and the olives that made it so tasty. I didn't even add a bit of salt or pepper and it was very very flavorful. Make this tonight!!!



From Sophie Dahl's cookbook...but I altered it a bit...
In 3 tbsp. olive oil, brown the chicken pieces. I used 8 thighs (about 4lbs) but the recipe calls for a whole chicken. Once they are browned, sit aside. It's ok if they aren't done; the chicken will cook through when you let the stew simmer. Add another tbsp of oil, "sweat" a diced onion and 3 cloves of garlic chopped. Sweat means cook on low, covered until soft but not browned - about 5 min. Add 2 cans diced tomatoes, 1 cup of white wine, 1 can of chicken stock, and 3/4 cup of green olives (I like mine sliced). Put the chicken back in. Lastly, I added a tbsp of dried basil and about 8 small golden potatoes, diced. Cook for 30-40 minutes on med. heat till potatoes are soft.
YUM-YUM-SUPERYUM!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment